Kathirasan is the Honorary Dean of WISH. He is a passionate teacher of Hindu and Yoga Philosophy and highly respected for his knowledge and discourses on these subjects. He has conducted numerous workshops for youths, couples, families, groups and the elderly for over 16 years. He has also trained batches of teachers in Hindu/Vedic Philosophy and counsellors in spiritual rehabilitation amongst others. He developed a holistic spiritual rehabilitation programme called MITRA under the auspices of the Hindu Centre that is currently being used in the local Prisons for Hindu inmates. Besides teaching and training, he has coached, taught and developed two batches of traditional yoga instructors. He is also an ardent advocate for Inter-Faith appreciation and a trainer of interfaith facilitators.
He has played key roles in Hindu organizations in Singapore. In order to ensure that the tradition of teaching continues, he constantly trains new pool of committed teachers for Hinduism and Yoga teachings.
Kathirasan had his traditional studies with Swami Satprakashananda Saraswati, belonging to the ancient lineage of Shankara, for several years studying the subject of Advaita Philosophy (Non-Dualism) meticulously.
Kathirasan is also the Director of the Centre for Yoga & Vedanta of the Hindu Hub.
- Doctoral Candidate in Yoga Philosophy & Meditation, Hindu University of America
- Master of Business Administration, University of Wolverhampton
- Graduate Diploma in Training & Development, Aventis School of Management
- Bachelor of Vedic Sciences, Dutch University College
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Certificate in Yoga Instruction, SVYASA
- Certificate in Teaching Mindfulness, Shamash Alidina (UK)
- Certificate in Professional Training, Aventis School of Management
- Certificate in Business Consulting, IAP Career College
- Accredited Belbin Team Roles Consultant